Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lots goin on 'round here!

First I wanna shout this from the rooftops, I GOT A 49/50 on my EXAM!! The one from last week for my EMT-B program! It was on human anatomy and patient assessment. YAY!! I am SO SO SO SO pleased with myself....I've gotta gloat!

On a similar note, I had to miss class on Friday. Of course it was Lab, so FUN stuff...I was going to learn airway management skills...such as placement of artificial airways (tubes down the throat or nose)...Finally some "real" stuff haha. Anyway, I missed it because Lorraine had blood in her ear canal. I took her to her pedi and it was just a scratch on the canal thankfully, and not a ruptured eardrum like I was worrying lol. She mustve stuck something in her ear.

and onto another "patient" related discussion, my son went out with his dad this morning fine as a fiddle, cam back okay and quickly started feeling ill. then his temp went up...I knew it was high, I could feel his skin was HOT and dry...to top it off I was hot because I had just got out of a HOT bubble bath, so I knew my hand was already warm and to feel him and feel heat still.....I took his temp and it was 102.8...that was about 10 min after I gave him Motrin, so it may have been higher. It quickly went down to 100.7 and he is watching TV drinking Gatorade now.

oh and yesterday I did SOOO much! I folded all our back logged clean laundry. Then I cleaned out reannah/lorraines bedroom and put away alllll the kids laundry. I also, started and FINISHED three diapers! I know crazy huh?!?! Hubbie was nice and took Lorraine for the day, so THAT is the reason I was able to accomplish so much...it was AMAZING. Today, I have cleaned both bathrooms THOROUGHLY, studied for school, and made Lorraine a new soaker from the MY very OWN pattern I have been working up. Jennel's own pattern! It needs a very slight tweak, which I've already done...I just need to make her ANOTHER soaker to test it out haha.
For now....I have another 2 loads of laundry to fold! YUK!!
I need to join Jacklen's fly thingy....my room needs a very late spring clean.

No comments: